This site has been carefully designed to comply with the latest legislation, which is concerned to ensure the accessibility of websites to as wide an audience as possible. Several enhancements are available to you to help you use the site.
it's possible to increase (or even decrease) the size of all the text on the pages. You can do this by using the font size controls integrated in your web browser. Web browsers all do this differently, but in general you should look at the options in the browser's 'View' menu, failing which, consult your browser's Help documentation. Here are some specific instructions for some of the more popular browsers.
- Internet Explorer (all Windows versions): Go to the 'View' menu, 'Text Size', and select your desired setting. The default is medium. Alternatively, if you have a mouse with a wheel you can hold the CTRL key on your keyboard whilst scrolling up or down with the wheel to alter the text size.
- Internet Explorer 5.1 (Mac): Go to the View menu and use the 'Text Zoom' feature.
- Apple Safari: Go the 'View' menu and use the 'Make Text Bigger' and 'Make Text Smaller' menu items. Alternatively you can use the option key with + or - to increase or decrease the text size.
- Netscape 7 + (Mac and PC): Go to the 'View' menu and use the 'Text Zoom' feature to change text size. Alternatively you can use the CTRL key with the plus or minus to increase or decrease the size.
- Mozilla (i.e. Firebird / Firefox / Camino, Mac and PC): Go to the 'View' menu and either click the 'Increase Text Size' or 'Decrease Text Size' menu items, or alternatively you can use the CTRL key with the plus or minus to increase or decrease the size.
Finally, the site uses AccessKeys to help you navigate from one page to the next without the use of the mouse. AccessKeys let you use the keyboard to choose, and follow, a link on a webpage. Standards
This site fully complies with the latest web standards:
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional
In order to provide good accessiblity some compromises have unfortunately had to be made in terms of full support for certain older browsers which do not support web standards, or support them unreliably or unpredictably. We strongly recommend that you use only the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 6 - available at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp.
Many people have this on their Windows-based PCs already. If you don't have Internet Explorer, or if you have a version earlier than version 6, you should consider obtaining one of the Mozilla browsers (see below) instead, because they are small and quick to download.
- Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox - all available at http://www.mozilla.org/
- Netscape 7 or 8 (in Internet Explorer or Firefox rendering mode)
- Opera 8 or above
- Apple Safari - available at http://www.apple.com/safari/ Mozilla, Mozilla Camino / Firefox - all available at http://www.mozilla.org/
- Mozilla Firefox - available at http://www.mozilla.org/